Hello Ladies! Hope you all are doing well! I hope you all enjoyed the long weekend. My weekend was nice nothing crazy. I’ve never been one to travel during holidays. I’d rather stay home during the busy weekends.
So with that said. We have summer break with the kiddos fast approaching. I’m sure all us stay at home moms are so excited, LOL! Ok enough jokes. Let’s get serious. I’ve come up with a few things that will help me keep sane and I’m hoping this will help you out too.
Ways to survive summer break!
- Remember to stay stocked on snacks. During spring break just a week, I felt I was in the kitchen all day. My boys want to eat constantly. I will pre-pack snacks in the fridge for the week. Like fruit and small bites. Things they can just grab if they get hungry. I think if I pre-pack healthier snack this will limit the junk food that’s always easier to grab. I also plan on making lunch and dinner menus for the week so I’m not stuck in the kitchen wondering what to feed them.
- Assign Daily chores. And yes I will even make my 4-year-old do this. I think it’s important to keep them helping around the house. I hate to see them be so lazy. I’ll be making a monthly list of things they need to get done everyday. I will reward them by letting them pick an activity for the week or favorite treat.
- Keep them active. I exercise everyday. So I plan on making them walk or get some kind of exercise. Riding bikes, riding skateboard etc.
- Make them read. I’ve really slacked off on this with my older son in the past. But I’ve made a promise to myself that I will make it happen for all of us even myself. I will be taking a trip to the bookstore so we can all pick out a book. I’m excited about this one because I haven’t had time to read a book in a long time. I’m trying to set the example.
- Getting outdoors everyday. This is important. Kids these days stay inside due to technology. I’ve spruced up my porch so we can all sit outside and eat a snack outside everyday. No phones or iPad allowed!
These are my 5 major things I want to enforce So mommy and the kids don’t go crazy!
I’ve also listed a few places will venture out to this summer
- kids space -$13 for ages 1+ – This is more for my 4-year-old but my oldest is a trooper.
- Natural History museum -Adults $12 kids $9
- California Science center-free unless it’s a special exhibit
- LACMA- free for LA residents after 3pm
- movies since my 4-year-old can sit through them now
- Beach-mostly on weekends so daddy can come
- Palm springs -family getaway
- Santa Monica Pier
These are just a few that I’ve looked up that are good for Mamas on a budget or just cool places in LA. I’ve lived in LA all my life and California has so many cool spots to visit. Even if it’s a drive a nice road trip is always a good idea.
Happy Summer Break MAMAS! Remember we are all in this together. Till next post.