My Breast reduction journey:Part two

 Hello friends! I hope you all are doing well. I know right now our World is changing. I really pray and hope for the best. I’m just going to say this and speaking as a mom. Be kind to everyone. My mom taught my sisters and I to be kind no matter what. I never saw her treat anyone different because of where they came from. So that’s what I want to teach my boys. 

So if you haven’t read my part one, go now! So let’s get started with Part two. Since I’m going to only do three parts, I’ll do this one in 3 parts.

Pre-op: If you are all caught up with part one, you know I left off with scheduling my surgery. We picked June 2,2020. It’s now time to get ready. With Covid very much in our world things are a little different. Not only did I need the regular routine blood work, I had to have a Covid test 5 days before surgery. So being I had about a week and a half to prep I made sure I got all of it done. I also made sure the boys were good and my house was clean. The hubby is still working from home so this was a lot easier to plan. One last Dr visit and it’s go time!

Surgery day: It’s June 2 and it’s time. I wanted my mom to pick me up and take me, since we’ve been quarantined, I hadn’t spent time with my mom. So the drive to the surgery center was very important it be her. Obviously with Covid around no one can go in the center with you. Didn’t bother me much, But my mom cried when she dropped me off. I’m like Mom it’s elective i’m fine. Prepping is started right away, Dr B makes his marks on my chest and it’s time! Totally not nervous at all. I get more nervous for after. Going In I was pretty cool. I remember them wheeling me in transferring me to the surgery table and that’s it!

Post-op: Waking up in recovery! Wow i’m done, a long time dream is finally complete. All I can think of was going home and seeing my boys. Post surgery is always the hardest. First day home I’m still out of it, throwing up from Anesthesia and just sore very sore. Second day was tough I’m still not wanting to eat but trying to so I can take my pain pills, which were making me feel so nauseous. My throat hurting from all the tubes and the length of surgery, My surgery was 4 hours. Trying to cough but scared because of the pain, You know the fun stuff. Third day and I feel horrible! Realizing the pain pills were making me feel worse because of the nausea. It’s Thursday, Surgery was Tuesday and I decide to stop taking pain pills. Friday morning I wake up like wow, I feel better. I mean the pain is there but totally bearable. Taking it easy the next few days and finally able to eat something. As you can see by my photos how my appetite got better as days went by. I was told by my Dr to eat pineapple to help the bruising. So you better believe I had pineapple juice, pineapple slices with every meal.

Overall I was expecting much more pain, I mean I was in pain but I’m thankful I’m having a nice smooth recovery. I’m writing this and it’s been one week and 2 days from surgery and I feel great. Of course a lot more recovery on the bust, but I’m able to shower normal and I can finally comb my hair. That was tough not being able to do that. All boys in my house and not one knew how to put a scrunchie on my hair! I had to call on my mama she came to save the day! I’m slowly getting into my groove again. Taking it easy and just can’t wait to see what 6 weeks recovery will look like. Not gonna lie my boobies scare me right now with all the sutures and the way they were cut they look a little scary. But I knew the scaring would be pretty intense. I’m ok with that. I’ll be back with Part 3 to share more of my recovery and just how I feel overall about my decision!

Thank you for following along!

XO  Lisa

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s