Hello Ladies! Hope you all are enjoying this nice weather in LA. I know we are. And this nice weather is just in time for spring Break with the kids. Both my boys will be off for a week. And I try to keep us busy to keep screen time down and mom from going crazy. So I wanted to share some ideas that will keep the kids busy at any age and budget friendly.
LACMA is on the top of our list. My older son loves museums and he loves photography so it’s a win win. And my little one likes it there as well. The best thing is they offer NexGen for kids and teens, once you sign up for this kids will have membership until 18 and one kid NexGen will get any one adult in free as well. So not only is this a great place to go its budget friendly.
LA Zoo is awesome. What we are going to do is get a family membership, it’s such a great deal. And I plan on taking the boys during summer early in the morning to get some fresh air and some exercise as well. Such a good place for the fam with kids at any age.
Matinee movies are always good to catch while the kids are on break. It’s way less than the normal price and it gets the kids out for a bit.
I will most definitely schedule screen time especially for the little one. I like to break it up throughout the day and try a craft with him. Take him outside to play or draw with sidewalk chalk. He loves being outside! So mom’s just make a time out of the day to say it’s outside time.
Ice cream outing are always fun to break up the mid-week spring break craze. We love Fair oaks pharmacy in South Pasadena it’s such a cute ice cream parlor.
Lastly I want to plan a hiking day. So I will gather some fam and get a hike in for the week off. I think this is a fun way to get together with others during spring break.
Well I hope you all have fun breaks with the kiddos! Till next post.
Hello Ladies! Hope you all are doing well! I hope you all enjoyed the long weekend. My weekend was nice nothing crazy. I’ve never been one to travel during holidays. I’d rather stay home during the busy weekends.
So with that said. We have summer break with the kiddos fast approaching. I’m sure all us stay at home moms are so excited, LOL! Ok enough jokes. Let’s get serious. I’ve come up with a few things that will help me keep sane and I’m hoping this will help you out too.
Ways to survive summer break!
- Remember to stay stocked on snacks. During spring break just a week, I felt I was in the kitchen all day. My boys want to eat constantly. I will pre-pack snacks in the fridge for the week. Like fruit and small bites. Things they can just grab if they get hungry. I think if I pre-pack healthier snack this will limit the junk food that’s always easier to grab. I also plan on making lunch and dinner menus for the week so I’m not stuck in the kitchen wondering what to feed them.
- Assign Daily chores. And yes I will even make my 4-year-old do this. I think it’s important to keep them helping around the house. I hate to see them be so lazy. I’ll be making a monthly list of things they need to get done everyday. I will reward them by letting them pick an activity for the week or favorite treat.
- Keep them active. I exercise everyday. So I plan on making them walk or get some kind of exercise. Riding bikes, riding skateboard etc.
- Make them read. I’ve really slacked off on this with my older son in the past. But I’ve made a promise to myself that I will make it happen for all of us even myself. I will be taking a trip to the bookstore so we can all pick out a book. I’m excited about this one because I haven’t had time to read a book in a long time. I’m trying to set the example.
- Getting outdoors everyday. This is important. Kids these days stay inside due to technology. I’ve spruced up my porch so we can all sit outside and eat a snack outside everyday. No phones or iPad allowed!
These are my 5 major things I want to enforce So mommy and the kids don’t go crazy!
I’ve also listed a few places will venture out to this summer
- kids space -$13 for ages 1+ – This is more for my 4-year-old but my oldest is a trooper.
- Natural History museum -Adults $12 kids $9
- California Science center-free unless it’s a special exhibit
- LACMA- free for LA residents after 3pm
- movies since my 4-year-old can sit through them now
- Beach-mostly on weekends so daddy can come
- Palm springs -family getaway
- Santa Monica Pier
These are just a few that I’ve looked up that are good for Mamas on a budget or just cool places in LA. I’ve lived in LA all my life and California has so many cool spots to visit. Even if it’s a drive a nice road trip is always a good idea.
Happy Summer Break MAMAS! Remember we are all in this together. Till next post.